Does anyone find it problematic that we have the word black in the title all of most of our organizations just to find each other or to let others know that its fubu? We make it easy for outsiders to infiltrate and to seek and destroy our progress. We need an innocuous "La Raza" type term that we recognize but lacks the racial charge. That way the bulk of our growth and progress as a people can form like an iceberg under water.

Only people mentioned by @NachoMama in this post can reply

Replied to April Wright's Post

You make a vaild point but if you look at words of affirmation such as Black Power, Black is Beautiful, I'm Black and i'm Proud etc..it's necessary. White cluture and white owned businesses don't need to utilize these things because it's already inferred in a european dominant society.

As black individuals, we need to push our enery to the Black direction, regardless of what name we choose for our business.

Replied to Dave Loki's Post

Hi Dave, thanks for responding. If the word black is associated with positive affirmations, then why is it our go to word to insult one another? e.g., "I'll slap the black off you" or "kick your black a.." We are more than our color. We are a people with a common history, culture, etc. I believe that we should reflect that.

(1) Show this thread