Last updated March 29, 2023
[Added contact list permissions]
Table of content
• What Information Do We Collect
• How We Use Your Information
• How We Share Your Information
• International Data Transfers
• Links to Other Websites or Application
• Data Security
• Your Choices
• Your Rights
• Retention of Your information
Your online privacy is important to “Blkem”. The purpose of this privacy statement is to provide you with information about our Service with respect to the personal data that we collect from users of our website (hereafter referred to as "Site") and the services that are made available through the Site.
We value the privacy of users, subscribers, publishers, members, and others who visit and use the Blkem Services (collectively or individually, “you” or “users”) and want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from and about you.
What Information Do We Collect
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Blkem Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Blkem Services to you.- User-provided Information
- Collected Information for Legitimate Interests
You consent to provide some or all of the following Personal Information when you create an account on the site, such as uploading contents, granting contact list access or contact us for technical support:- Registration Information, such as your date of birth, phone number (or email, if applicable), password, user identifier and language;
- Profile Information, such as your alias, profile images, gender, hometown, self-introduction, social media information, education, and career;
- Contact Information about you when others import or sync their contacts with our services, associate their contacts with Member profiles, scan and upload business cards, or send messages using our Services (including invites or connection requests). If you opt to import your address book, we receive your contacts (including contact information your service provider(s) or app automatically added to your address book when you communicated with addresses or numbers not already in your list). If you sync your contacts with our Services, we will collect your address book to keep growing your network by suggesting connections for you and others, and by providing information about events, e.g. times, places, attendees and contacts.
You don’t have to post or upload personal data; though if you don’t, it may limit your ability to grow and engage with your network over our Services;
- Contact List Information when syncing your contacts with our Services such as their names, email address or phone numbers, if you choose to upload or import it from a device, like by syncing an address book;
- User-generated contents (“UGC”), such as comments, texts, messages, pictures, images, videos, sounds, code or other data or materials that you upload, distribute or stream on the App when you use Blkem Services;
- Payment Information, such as full name, billing address, billing zip code, billing country, date of birth, purchase amount, payment method, PayPal credit or debit card number or other payment information where required for payment;
- Your Social Network Contacts with your permission, when you activate the “Discover Friends” function and allow us to access your contacts;
- Your Global Positioning System (GPS) Information, after you permit us to do so but you may change the access to your GPS information via the settings on your mobile device;
Collected Information for Legitimate Interests
We may collect some or all of the following Personal Information about you when you use Blkem Services for legitimate interests:- Network activity information, such as your browsing history, search history, the videos or pages you visited, the date and time of your visits, other users’ accounts that you subscribed to, and information regarding your interaction with other users;
- Device identifiers, such as your operating system, browser type, brand, model and serial number of your mobile device, Internet Protocol (IP) address, mobile carrier, screen resolution, language setting, IMEI number, IMSI number, and media access control address;
- Information regarding your access to and use of other sites;
- Other location information, such as the information based on your SIM card;
- Mobile advertising identifiers, which are used by mobile operating systems and made available to advertising providers to gather metrics on mobile apps (Apple’s IDFA or Google’s AAID) to help us and advertisers provide ads that may be more relevant to your interests; and
- Cookies, small pieces of data to enable us to provide certain features, which are collected by us or our business partners to measure and understand the web pages you click on and how you use Blkem Services, enhance your experience using Blkem Services.
We may also collect, use and share your information to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you. Aggregated data may be derived from your Personal Information but is not considered Personal Information as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use your Personal Information when the applicable laws allow us to. In general, we use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Provision of services: to present Blkem Services and its contents to you, including any interactive features on Blkem Services, and to provide you with information, products or services that you allow us to; we also collect and use Personal Information to verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotion activities and sweepstakes;
- Improvement of services: to improve and personalize our services by presenting new services, information, recommendations, and feedback;
- Customer management: to manage a registered user’s account, to provide customer support and notices to the registered user about his account or subscription, and notices about changes to Blkem Services or any other product or service we offer or provide through it;
- Communication: to communicate and interact with you directly, for an example, we may send notifications regarding upcoming changes, promotion activities or improvements on Blkem Services;
- Content review: to review pictures, images and contents posted or generated on Blkem Services to ensure that we comply with any applicable content regulations in any relevant jurisdiction;
- Functionality and security: to identify users not meeting the age limit, to diagnose or fix technology problems, and to detect, prevent, and respond to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
How We Share Your Information
Please note that if your profile is public, your content will be visible to anyone on the Platform and may also be accessed or shared by your friends and followers as well as third parties such as search engines, content aggregators and news sites. You can change who can see a video or a picture each time you upload a video
- We may also share your information with other members, subsidiaries, or affiliates of our corporate group, to improve, optimize the Platform and to prevent illegal use.
- We may share your Personal Information outside of Blkem Services when we have your consent, either express or implied.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to members of our corporate group (that is, entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us) to the extent this is necessary for services, customer management, customization of content, advertising, analytics, verifications, functionality and security, and compliance.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, customization of content, analytics, security, map navigation, data storage and cloud services, supporting our functionality, and other features offered through Blkem Services. These service providers may have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes. However, if you connect to a third-party service through Blkem Services or otherwise links your Blkem account with a third-party service, you are requesting and authorizing us to share or grant access to information on your behalf with such third party. We may also send information about the content that you watched or your activities on Blkem Services to such third party in order to upgrade your experience on Blkem Services.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users. We also may share aggregated information with third parties for conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any Personal Information and may be used to develop content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest.
International Data Transfers
Your Personal Information may be processed by us, our trusted third party suppliers outside of the country (s) in which you reside, including in countries where data protection and privacy laws or regulations may be equivalent to, or as protective as, the data protection laws and regulations in your country. In accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your country to a jurisdiction that has a less adequate level of protection of personal data. These measures include (where applicable) transferring pursuant to data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses.
We may also transfer your personal information outside of your country as permitted by applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
Links to Other Websites
We take appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access Personal Information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of certain your Personal Information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal Information. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of your Personal Information. You should use caution whenever submitting information through Blkem Services and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information at all times.
You can at any time request to opt out from allowing us to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
Some jurisdictions’ laws grant specific rights to Blkem live users, which are set out in this section. You may have all or some of the following rights set forth below according to applicable laws. We will respond to your request consistent with the applicable laws as soon as practicable, normally within one month, after proper verification procedures. Your exercise of these rights is usually free of charge, unless we deem it is chargeable under the applicable laws.
Right to erasure-You may submit a request to erase the Personal Information we collect about you by (a) using Help or Feedback function on Blkem Services or (b) by sending your request to us via email at [email protected]. Though we cannot guarantee a complete erasure of your data that has been stored in our backup servers, we promise that we will not use the data within the backup servers for any other purpose.
Right to data portability-You may ask us to transfer some of your Personal Information, if it is collected on the basis of your consent, in structured, commonly used and machine-readable formats to you or other environments designated by you, if technically feasible, by (a) using Help or Feedback function on Blkem Services or (b) by sending your request to us via email at [email protected]
Right to restrict processing-You may request us to stop processing your Personal Information if you believe such information is collected unlawfully or you have other reason by (a) using Help or Feedback function on Blkem Services or (b) by sending your request to us via email at [email protected] We will examine your request and respond accordingly.
Right to object-You may object to the processing of any Personal Information we collect about you, if such information is collected on the basis of legitimate interests, at any time by (a) using Help or Feedback function on Blkem Services or (b) by sending your request to us via email at [email protected]. Please note that we may reject your request if we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests and freedom or the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 18 years-of-age. If we learn that Personal Information of persons under 18 has been collected on or through the Blkem, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you believe that we have inappropriately collected Personal Information from a Young User, please contact us at [email protected]
Retention of Your information
We will retain your Personal Information and other information for as long as you maintain your Blkem Live account.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through Profile settings > Delete section. Kindly note that after deleting your account, all your publication, subscription, all your data and all your action will also be deleted and this action will not be cancelled . Check in your profile settings or through sending email to [email protected]. Following such request with appropriate review by us, we will delete the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. For example, we retain location, device, and usage data for these purposes for a reasonable period as may be necessary; while it retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development. In certain circumstances, we may be unable to delete your account, such as if there’s a balance on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, we will delete the account as described above.
California Privacy Disclosure
Categories of Personal Information Collected
The personal information that Blkem Live collects, or has collected from you in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this disclosure page, fall into the following categories.
- Registration information, such as your date of birth, phone number (or email, if applicable), password, user identifier and language;
- Profile information, such as your alias, profile images, gender, hometown, self-introduction, social media information, education, and career;
- User-generated contents (“UGC”), such as comments, texts, messages, pictures, images, videos, sounds, code or other data or materials that you upload, distribute or stream on the website when you use Blkem Services;
- Payment information, such as full name, billing address, billing zip code, billing country, date of birth, purchase amount, payment method, credit or debit card number or other payment information where required for payment;
- Your social network contacts with your permission, when you activate the “Discover Friends” function and allow us to access your contacts;
- Your location information, after you permit us to do so but you may change the access to your GPS information via the settings on your mobile device, and the information based on your SIM card;
- Information you provide, such as your opt-in choices and correspondence with us, and information you provide when you participate in in-app surveys and activities.
- Information you provide from social media when you create a Blkem account by connecting with a third-party social media;
- Network activity information, such as your browsing history, search history, the videos or pages you visited, the date and time of your visits, other users’ accounts that you subscribed to, and information regarding your interaction with other users;
Your California Privacy Rights
You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by Blkem, or access to or deletion of your personal information.
If you wish to request information about the collection of your personal information, please send an email to us via [email protected].
If you wish to delete your personal information, please send an email to us via [email protected]
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law and that, depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
5900 Balcones Dr Ste 100
Austin, TX 78731